Səhifə ən son yeniləndi: 23 sentyabr 2022
The Ethereum Foundation is sponsoring a wave of Eth2 staking community grants. Proposals are due December 22, 2020. Here are all the details you need.
Calling all those interested in building up the Eth2 staking and validator community!
The Ethereum Foundation is funding the creation of tools, documentation, and resources to make for a delightful staking and validator experience. While the spirited staker ecosystem has already made great progress with respect to public good community resources, we are still in the early days and there's more work to do!
Anyone is free to participate (individuals and teams) in this grants round.
Ideas and projects at any stage of development are welcome:
- Idea phase.
- Work in progress.
- Fleshed out project.
Grants are decided on a case-by-case basis and you may enter more than one proposal! So long as each proposal is unique and meets the requirements.
The deadline for proposals is any time the day of Tuesday, December 22, 2020. We will follow-up with you about your submission by email.
- Proposals must be in English.
- Work must be open source with a free and permissive license.
- If published work, it must be accessible by a url.
Surprise us with your creativity! But here are a few selection criteria considerations (depending on the submission type some criteria might not be applicable):
- Potential impact on broadening the staker community
- Quality of contribution to the staking tooling ecosystem
- Clarity, conciseness and organization of documentation
- Novelty in reducing the barrier of entry to staking
- Insights that lead to substantive changes in client implementations or specifications
- Analyses or visualizations that help a non-technical audience gain insight into the network
- Overall quality and clarity of data analysis or data visualization.
Here are some prompt questions that may help inspire you:
- Are you building end-to-end staking guides for different clients on various platforms?
- Are you writing crisp, clear staking documentation?
- Are you teaching stakers of all levels, from beginner to advanced, through video and written tutorials?
- Are you building a staking wiki focused on best practices and security? What novel ways can you dream up to encourage people to contribute?
- Are you experimenting with sophisticated staking setups and detailing out guides/tools for the community to reproduce and understand tradeoffs?
- What engaging diagrams or illustrations of the Beacon Chain are you creating?
- How can you make it easier to retrieve live data from the Beacon Chain?
- What data analyses and visualizations can give stakers live insights into the network?
- What new staking tools are you building?
- How can you make a stakers life easier, more productive, or just generally more delightful?
Other topic areas are welcome too! Be it research, testing frameworks, infographics, and so on. The point of the program is to help contribute to the long term health of the Eth2 staking and validator community. If your proposal advances this aim, tell us about it!
In addition to the prompt questions above, here's a wishlist of avenues to explore.
The Ethereum Foundation are interested in the following things, but don't let this restrict your creativity.
Community and education
Build resources that can serve as the best places for someone to go to learn about staking Ethereum.
Staking and validator tools
Build tools to make staking easier.
Data analysis and visualisation
Analyze and visualize data to help us better understand Eth2 staking.
For any general support questions about your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions about Eth2 staking, ideas or direction for proposals, and all things eth2, we invite you to head over to the community-driven ethstaker Discord.
Who can submit proposals for Eth2 Staking Community Grants?
What makes for a good proposal?
The more detailed information, the better.
What state does my idea or project need to be in?
Any stage of development!
What if I miss the deadline?
You can submit an inquiry for support through the Ecosystem support program.
How can I learn more about Eth2?
Find some great community resources within.
How do I start staking?
You need to use the dedicated launchpad product.
Which tools should I use?
Find some great community tools within.
How can I get more involved in Eth2?
You can stake, run clients, and join discord communities.
Learn more about staking. Where you can do it, what you need, and the potential risks and rewards.
The Beacon Chain
The Beacon Chain introduces staking and proof-of-stake to the Ethereum network. Learn more about this new piece of the ecosystem.