The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
The ethereum.org team is a small collaborative team building various web projects at the EF. Our sustained focus is on ethereum.org: a public, open-source resource for the Ethereum community that anyone can contribute to, with a mission of being the best portal for Ethereum's growing community. Learn more about ethereum.org's mission.
Tap into a rich open-source community and support their creation of impactful Ethereum resources. As ethereum.org's Community Lead, you'll engage our wide network of contributors and stakeholders to help us consistently improve ethereum.org. You’ll be the face of our community, gathering feedback, and advocating for related improvements. You'll collaborate with product, design, and research teammates to shape the design and features of our products. You'll empower the next generation of Ethereum users and builders to change our world for the better.
- Inspire contribution in our open-source community across multiple platforms and projects.
- Whether it's the ethereum.org GitHub repo, our Crowdin translation program, our Discord and Twitter communities, running our community calls, or just answering common questions for the curious, we rely on our community to drive our success.
- We want you to take our community to new heights: engage with them on Discord and Twitter, coordinate contests, events, recognition campaigns, and generate ideas to expand participation and impact.
- Work with Ethereum's wider community to facilitate collaboration.
- Ethereum.org is an important part of the Ethereum ecosystem. You'll work with partners and stakeholders to maximize our impact wherever possible.
- Our content is kept up-to-date through a body of experts that our team has built relationships with over time. We’ll look to you to identify synergies and engage with potential collaborators, from individual contributors to larger organizations or DAOs.
- Set and execute on growth metrics for community happiness and engagement.
- Building a fun, resilient community is essential to the long-term success of Ethereum. You’ll constantly be looking for opportunities to improve our communities experience.
- We'll look to you to help establish what milestones we should strive for and to hold yourself accountable for achieving them.
- Surface insights and distill community feedback to improve our products.
- You should have a product mindset and always look for opportunities to improve the content on ethereum.org and the UX in our web applications. You're excited to take an active voice in driving our product roadmap.
- Have you answered the same question ten times this week? Are people reading ethereum.org content but still coming out confused? Are we getting consistent feedback from our community about a feature missing from something we built? What changes should we be making to address these issues? You should derive insights proactively.
- You're positive, enthusiastic, welcoming, patient, and full of good vibes. You love to talk about Ethereum and are always ready to answer any question.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You're organized. You have strong habits that let you track multiple accountabilities simultaneously. You know how to scope a project, foresee difficulties and translate an idea into reality in a remote environment.
- You enjoy teaching as much as you enjoy learning. You love to help - you get a sense of satisfaction out of seeing other people get excited about Ethereum. You're also always ready to learn - if you don't know an answer, you know how to find an answer.
- You're comfortable pitching in to get the job done. We're a small team, sometimes you may have to work outside your "core responsibilities."
- You're knowledgeable about Ethereum and its ecosystem. You understand the technology well enough to answer questions off-hand and are familiar with the larger projects, unresolved technical problems, and the broad strokes of Ethereum's roadmap and vision.
- You hold Ethereum's values. You're passionate about open-source collaboration, and decentralization, and truly want to see Ethereum succeed - not for your professional or financial benefit, but because you believe it's good for the world.
- Track record of building communities: you ran a Discord, you were a moderator on Reddit, you ran a Meetup, managed an open-source project etc.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail. Being multilingual is a big plus.
- You're passionate about the Ethereum ecosystem and have the readiness to learn, understand, and explain new technologies
- Strong social media skills: Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Reddit. Familiarity with Crowdin and GitHub is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience in an agile work environment as well as remote/asynchronous work
- Experience on collaborative teams, balancing and soliciting input from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Compensation will ultimately depend on your experience, skillset, location and the contract structure but you can expect $35-$45 USD per hour, or $70,000-$85,000 USD annual salary.
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications and how you would like to improve the Ethereum community, along with a resume or CV.