Page last updated: Apr 11, 2020
↳ Use Ethereum Applications
Want to get started using Ethereum? There are hundreds of decentralized applications (dapps) built on Ethereum that you can use today.
↳ What makes Ethereum dapps different?
Applications built on Ethereum (dapps) can do things regular apps can't:
Create new kinds of money and digital assets
Web apps that are unstoppable and uncensorable
Build decentralized organizations, property, or virtual worlds that are governed collectively
Dapps on Ethereum are web applications backed by Ethereum smart contracts. Instead of using a centralized server or database, these applications rely on the blockchain as a backend for program logic and storage. This leads to potentially unstoppable applications: anyone can deploy a copy of the frontend, and freely connect it to the public Ethereum network.
↳ How to use an application built on Ethereum
The best way to get started with Ethereum is to jump right in!
Here are just a few apps built on Ethereum - we rotate this list frequently!
- Cent, a social network where you can earn money by posting
- Gitcoin, a network of incentivized open-source developers
- Dharma, the easiest way to earn interest on your cryptocurrency
- DAI, a stable cryptocurrency that holds value at $1 USD
- Gods Unchained, a competitive collectible card game
- Decentraland, a virtual world owned and built by its users
- Augur, The world’s most accessible, no-limit betting exchange
Interested in looking at more applications built on Ethereum?
Built on Ethereum Updated often - EthHub
90+ Ethereum Apps You Can Use Right Now April 24, 2019 - ConsenSys
Ethereum Dapps Updated often - State of the Dapps
Ethereum DeFi Ecosystem Updated often - Defiprime
DeFi Pulse Analytics + rankings of DeFi protocols - Defi Pulse
Some Ethereum applications require a wallet - learn about Ethereum wallets here.
Some Ethereum applications will require ETH - learn about ETH and how to get it here.
Page content provided in part from Building a Dapp by OpenZeppelin