Page last updated: January 9, 2022
The Ethereum community includes people of many different backgrounds and skillsets. Whether you’re a developer, an artist, or an accountant, there are ways to get involved. Here’s a list of suggestions that might help you get started.
- Learn about and try Ethereum at ethereum.org/developers/
- Find a bounty on Gitcoin, work on a small or large technical issue, earn crypto!
- Attend an ETHGlobal hackathon near you!
- Check out projects related to your area of expertise or programming language of choice
- Watch or participate in the Core Dev calls
- Ecosystem Support Program's wishlist - tooling, documentation, and infrastructure areas where the Ethereum Ecosystem Support Program is actively seeking grant applications
- Web3Bridge - join the aspiring web3 community in their initiative to identify, train, and support hundreds of developers and community members throughout Africa
Do you have a background in mathematics, cryptography, or economics? You might be interested in some of the cutting-edge work being done within the Ethereum ecosystem
- Challenges.ethereum.org - a series of high-value research bounties, where you can earn >$100,000 USD
- Ethresear.ch - Ethereum’s primary forum for research, and the world’s most influential forum for cryptoeconomics
- Ecosystem Support Program's wishlist - research areas where the Ethereum Ecosystem Support Program is actively seeking grant applications
If you’re not a developer, it can be hard to know where to start in Ethereum. Here are a few suggestions, along with resources for specific professional backgrounds.
- Not sure how to start? The BUIDL network can help.
- Ethereum needs good writers who can explain its value in plain language
- Not ready to publish your own articles? Consider contributing to the existing content on community resources like EthHub, or propose new content for ethereum.org!
- There are many open-source community calls, and having notetakers is a huge help. If you’re interested, join the Ethereum Cat Herders discord, and introduce yourself!
- ethereum.org maintains a translation program that translates the website, and other resources, into many different languages
- Find out how to get involved here
Join thousands of node operators in helping to further decentralize Ethereum.
By staking your ETH you can earn rewards whilst helping to secure the Ethereum network.
The Ethereum ecosystem is on a mission to fund public goods and impactful projects. With very small donations you can show your support and allow important work to be realized.
- Ethereum is home to the “Decentralized Finance” ecosystem - a network of protocols and applications that offer an alternative financial system. If you’re a financial professional, check out some DeFi apps at DeFi Pulse or DeFiPrime
- Accountant? Assets on Ethereum - ETH, tokens, DeFi, etc - introduce many novel accounting issues. You could start by checking out some projects that aim to help users of cryptocurrency solve their bookkeeping & accounting challenges, like Rotki
- The Ethereum ecosystem needs your talents! Many companies are hiring for product manager roles. If you want to start by contributing to an open source project, get in touch with the Ethereum Cat Herders or MetaCartel
- There are many marketing and communications positions in the Ethereum ecosystem!
Want to find a job working in Ethereum?
- ethereum.org jobs
- Ethereum Foundation jobs
- Cryptocurrency Jobs
- Careers at ConsenSys
- Crypto Jobs List
- Bankless jobs board
- useWeb3 Jobs
- Web3 Jobs
- Web3 Army
"DAOs" are decentralized autonomous organizations. These groups leverage Ethereum technology to facilitate organization and collaboration. For instance, for controlling membership, voting on proposals, or managing pooled assets. While DAOs are still experimental, they offer opportunities for you to find groups that you identify with, find collaborators, and grow your impact on the Ethereum community. More on DAOs
- LexDAO @lex_DAO - Legal engineering
- Machi X @MachiXOfficial - Art community
- MetaCartel @Meta_Cartel - DAO incubator
- MetaCartel Ventures @VENTURE_DAO - Venture for pre-seed crypto projects
- MetaGame @MetaFam - MMORPG Game Mechanics for Real Life
- MetaFactory @TheMetaFactory - Digiphysical Apparel Brands
- MolochDAO @MolochDAO - Community focused on funding Ethereum development
- ΜΓΔ (Meta Gamma Delta) @metagammadelta - Women-led projects
- Raid Guild @RaidGuild - Collective of Web3 builders
- DAOSquare @DAOSquare - Promote the DAO concept in non-tech field and help people create value through DAO.
- dOrg @dOrg_tech - Freelancer Web3 development collective working as a DAO
- HausDAO @nowdaoit - Community governance of DAOhaus
- Developer DAO @developer_dao - Community of builders who believe in collective ownership of the internet