One of the many Ethereum development standards focus on token interfaces. These standards help ensure smart contracts remain composable, so for instance when a new project issues a token, that it remains compatible with existing decentralized exchanges.
Here are some of the most popular token standards on Ethereum:
- ERC-20 - A standard interface for fungible (interchangeable) tokens, like voting tokens, staking tokens or virtual currencies.
- ERC-721 - A standard interface for non-fungible tokens, like a deed for artwork or a song.
Know of a community resource that helped you? Edit this page and add it!
- Token integration checklist – A checklist of things to consider when interacting with tokens.
- Understand the ERC20 token smart contract – An introduction to deploying your first smart contract on an Ethereum test network.
- Transfers and approval of ERC20 tokens from a Solidity smart contract – AHow to use a smart contract to interact with a token using the Solidity language.
- Implementing an ERC721 market [a how-to guide] – How to put tokenized items for sale on a decentralized classifieds board.
Help us with this page
If you're an expert on the topic and want to contribute, edit this page and sprinkle it with your wisdom.
You'll be credited and you'll be helping the Ethereum community!
Use this flexible documentation template
Questions? Ask us in the #content channel on our Discord serverEdit page