Page last updated: August 9, 2022
Enterprise blockchain applications can be built on the public permissionless Ethereum Mainnet, or on private blockchains that are based on Ethereum technology. For more information on building on the public Ethereum Mainnet, see Ethereum Mainnet for Enterprise.
Some collaborative efforts to make Ethereum enterprise friendly have been put together by different organizations:
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance The EEA enables organizations to adopt and use Ethereum technology in their daily business operations. We empower the Ethereum ecosystem to develop new business opportunities, drive industry adoption, and learn and collaborate with one another.
- HyperledgerHyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration, hosted by The Linux Foundation, including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The foundation has some projects in it that work with the Ethereum stack, including Besu and Burrow.
- Chainstack multi-cloud and multi-protocol Platform as a Service empowering businesses to rapidly build, deploy, and manage decentralized networks and services
- Clearmatics Autonity protocol suite that implements p2p protocols and provides client software and infrastructure
- Hyperledger Besu Open-source Ethereum client developed under the Apache 2.0 license and written in Java, which includes several consensus algorithms including PoW, and PoA (IBFT, IBFT 2.0, Etherhash, and Clique). Its comprehensive permissioning schemes are designed specifically for use in a consortium environment.
- Hyperledger Burrow modular blockchain client with a permissioned smart contract interpreter partially developed to the specification of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Kaleido full-stack platform for building and running cross-cloud, hybrid enterprise ecosystems
- Quorum an Ethereum-based open source enterprise blockchain platform with advanced enterprise grade features enabling privacy, permissioning and performance