페이지가 마지막으로 업데이트됨: 2023년 3월 18일
How to bridge tokens to layer 2
Layer 2s are scaling solutions for Ethereum which allow users to transact with increased speed and decreased costs. Many popular crypto projects are moving to layer 2s because of these benefits. The simplest way to move tokens from Ethereum to layer 2 is to use a bridge project.
- have crypto wallet, you can follow this tutorial: How to: "Register" an Ethereum account
- add funds to your wallet
1. Determine which layer 2 network you want to use
You can learn more about the different projects and important links on our layer 2 page.
2. Go to the selected bridge
Some popular layer 2s are:
3. Connect to the bridge with your wallet
Make sure your wallet is connected to the Ethereum Mainnet network. If it is not, the website will automatically prompt you to switch networks.
4. Specify the amount and move the funds
Review the amount that you will get in return on the layer 2 network and the fees to avoid unpleasant surprises.
5. Confirm the transaction in your wallet
You will have to pay a fee in form of ETH for processing the transaction.
6. Wait for your funds to be moved
This process should not take more than 10 minutes.
7. Add the selected layer 2 network to your wallet (optional)
You can use chainlist.org to find the network's RPC details. Once the network is added and transaction finished, you should see the tokens in your wallet.
Frequently asked questions
What if I have funds on an exchange?
You might be able to withdraw to some layer 2s directly from an exchange. Check out “Move to layer 2” section of our Layer 2 page for more information.
Can I go back to Ethereum mainnet after I bridge my tokens to L2?
Yes, you can always move your funds back to the mainnet using the same bridge.