Ethereum Development Standards
The Ethereum community has adopted many standards that help keep projects (such as Ethereum clients and wallets) interoperable across implementations, and ensure smart contracts and dapps remain composable.
- Introduction to EIPs
- List of EIPs
- EIP github repo
- EIP discussion board
- Ethereum Governance Overview March 31, 2019 - Boris Mann
- Ethereum Protocol Development Governance and Network Upgrade Coordination March 23, 2020 - Hudson Jameson
- Playlist of all Ethereum Core Dev Meetings (YouTube Playlist)
Certain EIPs relate to application-level standards (e.g. a standard smart-contract format), which are introduced as Ethereum Requests for Comment (ERC). Many ERCs are critical standards used widely across the Ethereum ecosystem.
- ERC-20 - A standard interface for fungible (interchangeable) tokens, like voting tokens, staking tokens or virtual currencies.
- ERC-721 - A standard interface for non-fungible tokens, like a deed for artwork or a song.
Learn more about token standards.
Know of a community resource that helped you? Edit this page and add it!
Help us with this page
If you're an expert on the topic and want to contribute, edit this page and sprinkle it with your wisdom.
You'll be credited and you'll be helping the Ethereum community!
Use this flexible documentation template
Questions? Ask us in the #content channel on our Discord serverEdit page